Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Just Some Chit Chat!!!

Today I had a discussion, which eventually turned into an argument with a friend and a fellow trader. It was about learning Technical Analysis from a Mentor or a Guru or for that fact, from books published by the likes of Charles Dow, Schabacker and Wycoff.

Well my friend had a point that none of the Masters will teach you everything, and that they will definitely hold back something, because by sharing that something, they would have to give up their advantage. Incidentally I had read the same thing about books published by celebrity chefs and famous restaurant kitchens, that, they either miss out on a key ingredient, or withhold an important step in cooking. Sounds logical who will ever go out to eat, if they can prepare the same delicacy at home.

My point was that, in trading, the key lies with YOU and only YOU. It’s in your MIND. There are no secret codes. It’s just that there is so much of information floating around, and in that information, one needs to discover the truth. Separate the wheat from the chaff. For a probing mind there are no secrets. The Holy Grail exists!!! It’s not in the well guarded secret of the professionals. It in fact lies within each one of us. We all have our Holy Grail; it’s just that we are looking for it everywhere, other than in ourselves.

Speaking about the argument, well it ended in a draw. We both agreed to disagree with each other. As for you, if this post has made you think, then I would certainly like to have your comments….maybe it will help me to wipe out some dust from my eyes.

‘‘We have more ability than will power, and it is often an excuse to ourselves that we imagine that things are impossible.’’

Rochefoucauld, 1665

2 comments:

  1. Hi, manoj. liked your blog. thanks. I am a senior person but in trading still a child. Regarding holygrail everyone will finally find one and I like to share with u what I observed in nifty trading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sasidharan,
    Hi,I am happy that you have liked my blog.I myself am pretty new to trading and believe the learning curve never ends.Yes I would love to have your observations about nifty trading.Who knows there might be some jewels there.Please do feel free to mail me and share your ideas.thanks once again.

    ReplyDelete